On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:55:49AM +0400, Denis Lapshin wrote:
> Since 4.9 till current 8510p/w read acpi temp with error (enormous
> high temp about 2000-5000 C) because SMBus data is not ready for
> reading. It seems data reading should be delayed.

I thought we(I) fixed this last year. If you still have a problem with
high temperature readings, this is the first I've heard of it since then.
Probably a half dozen people sent me "yes this fixed it" emails.

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/acpi/acpitz.c?rev=1.47&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

As a matter of fact I fixed it *on an 8510p*.

If for some reason you are still having problems, I'd suggest sending
in a proper bug report instead of just ranting.

-ml