On 04/17/15 09:36, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 09:06:55AM +0200, Martijn van Duren wrote:
Hello misc@,

I just got a replacement system (iMac 12,1) at work, so I decided to go
ahead and install OpenBSD on it. To do so I installed refind through debian
and created a GPT/MBR hybrid.

Most of the system runs perfectly (see dmesg pr0n below), but there are a
couple of minor inconveniences:
1) The sound from the speakers sound like they come from a cheap cellphone.

You mean the level is to low? Does "mixerctl outputs.spkr_boost=on"
improves things?

It's not that the volume is low, but it sounds like it sounds rather high pitched and a narrow with a narrow bandwith.

2) When plugging in headphones the main speakers are muted, but there's no
sound from the headphones themselves. I tried setting sndiod to channels 0:1
(default - main speakers), 2:3 (main speakers) and 4:5 (no sound)

You could set sndiod_flags to "-c0:3" to make it output to all
dacs. Does this help?

This doesn't help unfortunately.