On 26 May 2015 at 10:44, Laurence Tratt <lau...@tratt.net> wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 08:21:19PM +0100, Bojan Nastic wrote:
>
> > Anyone having much luck with 5.7 or -current on Thinkpad X1 Carbon 2nd
> gen
> > (Haswell chip)?
>
> It works pretty well (including wireless), although on my machine the lack
> of a specific video driver means that things in X can be painfully slow
> (forget about watching a video!).
>
> > Everything seems to be working fine, except for waking from suspend.
> > Suspend works fine, either via 'zzz' or closing the lid, but waking it up
> > doesn't work -- hardware seems unresponsive, the sleep light stays on
> > regardless of what I do to it (pressing buttons, opening the lid...)
>
> When I do this, the OS is still working, but the screen doesn't wake back
> up
> (whether this is related to X running in the background or not, I don't
> know
> -- I never run without X). I can see this happening as follows. Log in as
> root on console 1. Suspend with zzz (I don't use suspend-with-lid). Resume
> by pressing the power button. [At this point the screen is blank.] Type
> "reboot". Wait a little while and the machine will reboot. I appreciate
> that's not hugely useful, but it does mean that, if I want to test
> suspend/resume support ever so often, I don't have to fsck afterwards...

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunatelly, it doesn't work in this case.
The whole machine goes to sleep, so even the LED strip at the top,
with F "keys", is switched off, no way to switch to console.

Apparently, this all works fine for people with Haswell and HD4000 GPU,
but mine is an i7 Haswell with HD5000. (Fwiw, it does throw video
driver errors when switching from X to console).

--Bojan