Hello,

just a fyi, august 5-6

https://www.blackhat.com/us-15/briefings.html#the-memory-sinkhole-unleashing-an-x86-design-flaw-allowing-universal-privilege-escalation

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9663249

"In x86, beyond ring 0 lie the more privileged realms of execution, where our
code is invisible to AV, we have unfettered access to hardware, and can
trivially preempt and modify the OS. The architecture has heaped layers upon
layers of protections on these negative rings, but 40 years of x86 evolution
have left a labyrinth of forgotten backdoors into the ultra-privileged modes.
Lost in this byzantine maze of decades-old architecture improvements and
patches, there lies a design flaw that's gone unnoticed for 20 years. In one of
the most bizarre and complex vulnerabilities we've ever seen, we'll release
proof-of-concept code exploiting the vast, unexplored wasteland of forgotten
x86 features, to demonstrate how to jump malicious code from the paltry ring 0
into the deepest, darkest realms of the processor. Best of all, we'll do it
with an architectural 0-day built into the silicon itself, directed against a
uniquely vulnerable string of code running on every single system."

presented by
Christopher Domas
https://www.blackhat.com/us-15/speakers/Christopher-Domas.html