And an intel microcode update:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24290

And microsoft (yup) pushed an update for it:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3064209

Waiting to get the new ucode through bios updates (which will
realistically never come) sounds like a recipie for disaster.

Does somebody smarter than me want to look into this before shit
hits the fan for real? Does this sound like something for our
fw_update infrastructure or similar?

40 days until the 0day drops.