On 2015-06-22, "Bryan C. Everly" <br...@bceassociates.com> wrote:

> I wiped and re-loaded my laptop over the weekend with the latest
> snapshots and noticed that Chromium isn't in the amd64 snapshot
> package directory on any of the mirrors I checked.  Is there currently
> a problem with the build on that or should I bit the bullet and build
> from source?

The chromium build is very brittle and fails frequently in quasi-random
ways.  During the latest amd64 snapshot build, chromium errored out
twice, in slightly different ways.  I'd be happy to send you the
voluminous logs.

It's quite possible that it will build just fine when you try it.

> Sorry if there was something that already went out on this and I missed it.

It's typical for a few ports to fail during a snapshot build.
Usually because of changes in the ports tree, sometimes because of
changes in base, sometimes just because a particular port doesn't
build reliably.  I only send status mail to ports@ about it when
there are persistent, accumulating, or otherwise serious problems.

The latest build failures on amd64 were x11/virt-viewer, x11/vlc,
www/chromium, and lang/ghc.  Of these, virt-viewer has been fixed
since, vlc is being investigated, chromium is more or less random
(but the maintainer has been notified), and ghc is actually the
most serious failure in one way, since it takes out all Haskell
ports, but also harmless in another way, since it just needs a new
bootstrap after the recent libc bump.

That's business as usual on the package building front.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de