lynx was in the base distribution for quite some time. I occasionally used
it to fetch http files (as opposed to getting wget from packages and using
that).

I've found that ftp(1) is quite sufficient for most of the things I need to
to as far as a CLI client for quickly grabbing files via ftp/http/https.

e.g.
$ ftp -o OpenBSD.html http://openbsd.org/
Trying 129.128.5.194...
Requesting http://openbsd.org/
Redirected to http://www.openbsd.org/
Trying 129.128.5.194...
Requesting http://www.openbsd.org/

4779 bytes received in 0.00 seconds (5.25 MB/s)
$