On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 05:15:01PM +0000, Dewey Hylton wrote:

> > I've had this issue with the same systems.  Never guessed it would
> > be OpenBSD specific.  What I've found to make it stop happening is
> > pulling the board out and redoing the thermal paste for the CPU
> > heatsink.  I had found some reference indicating that the alarm I
> > got might be because of overheating.

> > The difference between the boxes may be the attention to detail the
> > factory worker who put it together had that day.

> > Hearing that Linux doesn't trip it, I'm wondering if it's an ACPI
> > difference between OpenBSD and Linux.  Perhaps OpenBSD runs the CPU
> > hotter before turning it back over to the BIOS on reboot?

> this is great information; thanks. any idea where the temperature
> reference can be found?

I don't remember, it was at least a couple years ago.  It was only one
reference too.  Most talked about listening to beep codes, which this
wasn't really beep codes...

> i may be able to log the cpu temperature in both operating systems in
> order to compare ...

Possibly, but noticed I said "before turning it back over to the BIOS".
If it's a difference in OS shutdown, it will be difficult to log the
temperature.

--Kurt