Good day, I am curious if there is the possibility of adding/using multiple
profiles or network entries, much like ~/.ssh/config ?

eg:

In /etc/hostname.iwn0

nwid primary
wpakey key
dhcp

​nwid ​secondary
wpakey key
dhcp

Is this possible? I would imagine that wrapping some sort of
identifiers/formatting around the network information would be required,
much like the ssh/config parameters.

Net primary {
  nwid primary
  wpakey key
  dhcp
}
Net secondary {
  nwid secondary
  wpakey key
  dhcp
}

The manpage of hostname.if(5) does not specifically mention/allow for this.

My work-around for this is to have all my locations/ap's use the same nwid
where possible. And where not, just use # comments in my hostname.if files
and just manually edit the appropriate entries in/out, and rerun
/etc/netstart.

Is it possible to bake this in, rather than going down the wpa_supplicant
path as others have done? Or am I getting my hopes up for the sake of being
lazy?

Thanks
Chris