On 4 November 2015 at 13:09, Glenn Faustino <glenn.faust...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I notice that under queueing section of the pf.conf man page the total
> child queues bandwidth exceed what's defined in the parent. rootq was
> defined with 100M bandwidth and the child queues defined http 60M, mail
> 10M, ssh 20M and std 20M.
>

> Can the bandwidth on the child queues exceed what's defined in the parent?

While pf(4) will let you define and load queues that exceed the parent (top
level) queue, when you start to load up your queues, you'll get congestion
defeating the purpose of queuing.  To what point, depends on your
environment.

Maybe the pf.conf(5) man page needs to be adjusted to reflect the statement
below and set the std queue to 10M (but that is up to the project to
decide):

"All bandwidth values must be specified as an absolute value.  The
suffixes K, M, and G are used to represent bits, kilobits, megabits, and
gigabits per second, respectively.  The value must not exceed the
interface bandwidth."

Cheers.