Hello,

I'm kinda at the same step, but in a macbookpro12,1

I resize my OSX partition, burn a install58.fs on a usb stick, boot
holding ALT, install OpenBSD on the part of resize partition, and then
follow jcs@ tutorial:

https://gist.github.com/jcs/5573685

Now, "El Capitan" have like a 'Secure Level' thing that you can do the
step Mac OS X Encryption -> 3-6. So, you need to boot on Rescue Mode and
disable this new protection from the console on rescue mode:

# csrutil disable

Then reboot, and try the "Mac OS X Encryption" step. Install refind and
cross your fingers :)

On 16/11, Marcel Timm wrote:
; Hi there,
;
; one thing I would like to try is to boot from created OpenBSD EFI USB stick
; with
;
; boot -a
;
; and enter the OpenBSD's root partition on the HD.
;
; Unfortunately neither the MacBook Pro 8,2 's integrated
; nor an external USB keyboard work at the prompt where to enter the
; root device's location. :(
;
; Is there another way of telling the kernel which root device to use
; (maybe at boot's prompt - although I haven't found anything in man page..)?
;
; If this seems to be a XY question to you, I am happy about other proposals.
;
; Greetings
; Marcel
;