Hi list,
I've switched from Obsd 5.3 from Pfsense to try it. Now I want come back to Obsd. I prefer it.

Today, the last version is 5.8 and from 5.6 named was replaced from nsd and unbound.

The first is only authoritative and the other is recursive/forwarder/caching/validating/authoritative.

In my last valid OBSD config, I used named for my lan (not exposed on internet) only for lan dns serving, not exposed, with recursion and forwarder.

Now today I've nsd and unbound that I can use on my firewall.
I don't need authoritative server, and I should use unbound.
nsd and unbound have similar syntax and I reading from web I can resolve dns with each of them.

Now I'm confused...who use? Correct me if I'm wrong:

1) I must use only nsd for authoritative server (internet exposed) for my ipotetic zone (I can use it in my lan for dns resolver?).

2) I can use only unbound for lan dns resolving/caching/validating with zones if not needed an authoritative domain.

3) I can use nsd for authoritative server (internet exposed) and for lan use unbound as recursive/cache dns with the authoritative server.

4) I can use unbound as authoritative server and for recursing and other.

5) NSD is the best for authoritative and unbound for other things.