The Free Software Foundation (FSF) says that:

"FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include instructions for obtaining nonfree
programs in their ports system. In addition, their kernels include nonfree
firmware blobs.

Nonfree firmware programs used with Linux, the kernel, are called
“blobs”,
and that's how we use the term. In BSD parlance, the term “blob” means
something else: a nonfree driver. OpenBSD and perhaps other BSD
distributions (called “projects” by BSD developers) have the policy of
not
including those. That is the right policy, as regards drivers; but when the
developers say these distributions “contain no blobs”, it causes a
misunderstanding. They are not talking about firmware blobs.

No BSD distribution has policies against proprietary binary-only firmware
that might be loaded even by free drivers."

The affirmations of FSF that I cited above are falses?

With spying revelations, it is well-known that non-free firmware can contain
backdoors. ( just one recent example:
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/nsa-firmware-hacking/ )

I would feel a lot safer if the kernel and packages were fully free,
containing no non-free drivers nor non-free "firmware".