Quote from dan mclaughlin :

[ ... ]
> (i am really starting to feel for the devs. this gets wearying.)
[ ... ]
> whenever i want something to work the way i want, i just script around
> it.
> the beauty of unix.

Explains it very good. I personally think, OpenBSD is simple not for
Luke. What Luke does, is simple unfair towards the developers and also
towards new users which are willing to learn and maybe use OpenBSD
only as users.

For Luke, read the following :

http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html

Do your homework before you post
[ ... ] the FAQ and the relevant man pages (start with afterboot(8)),
and check the mailing list archives. We want to help, but we wouldn't
want to deprive you of a valuable learning experience, and no one
wants to see the same question on the lists for the fifth time in a
month.

Respect differences in opinion and philosophy
Intelligent people may look at the same set of facts and come to very
different conclusions. Repeating the same points that didn't convince
someone previously rarely changes their mind and irritates all the
other readers.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/index.html

8.14 - What web browsers are available for OpenBSD? - for lynx and the
relevant discussions about it at misc@.

14.6 - Soft Updates - for softdep

8.21 - Does OpenBSD support any journaling filesystems? - for softdep
yes or no.

1.11 - Why is/isn't ProductX included?
Why isn't there a graphical or curses(3) based installer?
For a number of reasons, including the goal of keeping the
installation boot media able to be a single floppy disk, the fact that
one installer can be used on all platforms in all configurations, and
the fact that after the second or third OpenBSD install, most users
find the OpenBSD installation system among the fastest and easiest
installers of any OS. Most developers and users greatly prefer the
speed, power, and ease of use of the current installer to any of the
more "colorful" or "pretty" installers on some other platforms.

In most cases, these topics have been discussed in painful detail on
the mail lists, please see archives if you need more information. -
for your (Javascript) installer idea.

14.2 - Using fdisk(8)
14.3 - Using OpenBSD's disklabel(8)
14.21 - How do I use softraid(4)? + man page - for full disc encryption.

And yes, it is expected, that you can handle this tools befor
installing the system !

15.2.2 - Making things easy: PKG_PATH - to define more then one mirrors.

You should stop to reninvent the wheel or, to create problems where
are none.
You should start to RTFM (Reed The Fucking Manuals) or, buy a OpenBSD
relevant book - as others also did.
You also should do the following *shutup and hack* instead of always
complaining.

Let's say your idea for pkg_add is cool, let's say you make a clean
install or a update using bsd.rd and, let's also say, that you have no
supported network device - without the firmware from
firmware.openbsd.org ... what's next ?