On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Philip Guenther wrote:

Unpacking base58.tgz with "tar xvzpf" is not enough to serve a diskless
machine, the missing files are necessary.

What can I do?

You could USE THE INSTALLER, instead of creating problems for yourself
and wasting other people's time.

I thank Ingo very much for his time writing one line. The diskless machine
is now running.

Please, Guenther, tell me, how to use the installer to populate
a directory to serve a diskless machine. Please!

Perhaps you help a lot of people, that like me, want to ocassionally
set up quickly a diskless machine only to make a test without risk
for a working machine. Or do you think, one must read the installer
script to do that?

BTW, it seems, now is /etc/fstab necessary.

And something like telnetd or sshd in the installers shell
can be very helpfull for making the kernel panic and save
the result of trace and ps.

Regards
Rodrigo.