Just my 2 cents (I hope my comments are not misleading in terms of the
project directives)

The content you would usually find in Linux tutorials, as "recipes" (e.g.
"type these characters to find happiness") in OpenBSD
AFAIK are incorporated into:
1) "quasi-tutorials" man pages - e.g. afterboot(8), crash(8), intro(8),
ssl(8), style(9), perlunicook(1)
2) man pages with more extensive Examples sections - e.g. sysctl(8),
pax(1), find(1)
3) FAQ pages:
PF: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html
4) mail-lists discussions

So I think there are already "channels" for providing practical advice,
maybe is just a matter of getting our hands dirty and sending diffs to
mainteners...?

Regards,

Michel.