Aha. So the article is saying that full IOMMU support is waiting on all AMD64 machines (so that would mean any Intel and AMD-manufactured processor with VT-d etc.), and you're saying that this is what needs to be implemented for the buffer cache to finally get >32bit/>~3GB support?

Are there plans today to implement this and then get the >32bit/>~3GB support going?

(I don't understand exactly how these things fit together, this is why I asked tentatively.)

Thanks, Tinker

On 2016-02-14 02:03, Karel Gardas wrote:
I'm afraid you read too quickly and w/o attention to detail, please
reread and pay special attention to the last paragraph. Especially to:

"IOMMU is present in all "real" AMD64 machines, but not the Intel
clones. Unfortunately, OpenBSD support for IOMMU on the AMD machines
is not quite ready for primetime (code exists, but "real life" has
consorted against me finishing it)."