Eric Furman writes:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016, at 09:22 AM, Артур Истомин wrote:
> > With this approach, we will have only one email provider. His name is
> > Google.
> > Spam and other black sides of today email system is price we pay for
> > decentralized system. And it's worth it.
>
> What Nick was trying to say was, "If you do not understand internet
> e-mail from end-to-end please do not run an e-mail server."
> An amateur running an e-mail server is MUCH more likely to become
> a SPAM bot. And, no it is not worth it.

While I agree that an amateur running an e-mail server is quite likely
to become a spam bot I'd nevertheless suggest that this possibility, and
even the spam the rest of us must deal with, is worth the price of email
being decentralised and not dictated by the likes of Google, Microsoft,
et al.

That said, I still don't recommend running one, amateur or
otherwise. Painful memories...

Matthew