Hi Craig,

yeah my server is fine in general but maybe the other adin just has some sort of own ways to blacklist so I might be on there list. I'll check this too but it seems it could be a routing problem to since the other mx sometimes talk and sometimes not (checked from other location to connect and I was able to connect only once).

So I'll give the "nice" guy on the other and of the line a last hint and then I just leave it because I pretty much ruled all things that could go wrong out on my end.

Regards

Am 06.04.2016 um 16:25 schrieb Craig Skinner:
Hi Markus,

On 2016-04-06 Wed 09:29 AM |, Markus Rosjat wrote:
Okay with some help from Christoph Viethen I did some testing and connfirmed
a few things

- sendmail -bt gave me the right order of the mx to talk to
- I couldn't connect to the server with nc
- I couldn't ping the server
- nslookup gave me the correct IP to the server

what really confuses me, and I only did that to have some other tool
checking if it can connect to the mx in question, is the fact that a site
like mxtoolbox can talk to the mx.

They've probably got your IP address in a blacklist of some sort.
Check your mail server's IP address on http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/
(You might need to be delisted.)

Otherwise, try traceroute (-I) from your mail server to theirs to find
where the trail ends.

Then contact them by phone/fax/freemail with your problem report.

Cheers.

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT