On 2016 Apr 07 (Thu) at 22:56:42 +0200 (+0200), Teno Deuter wrote:
:Hi,
:
:just installed a 5.9 AMD64 version and get issues with adding packages as a
:regular system user. 'env' shows me the correct setting for PKG_PATH but
:seems that the user environment isn't able to contact the source.
:
:As long as I change to 'root', everything works fine!
:
:Thank you for your support
:

You should put it into /etc/pkg.conf instead:

"""
installpath = http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/%c/packages/%a/
"""

%c expands out into the version, and %a into the arch.

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
demo.