On 05/17/16 08:11, Joakim Frostegård wrote:
Hi,

I’ve made a responsive new webpage replacement for the
in my opinion somewhat aged openbsd.org <http://openbsd.org/>.

It’s available at http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/public_html/
<http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/public_html/>
with the repo at https://github.com/greatest-ape/openbsd-site
<https://github.com/greatest-ape/openbsd-site> .

The idea is to replace index.html but for all other pages just
replace the stylesheets. In so far, I’ve included a few other
pages, including plat.html, goals.html and alpha.html.

I’ve tried to keep the page without bells and whistles, that is:
* Just static HTML and CSS
* No frameworks
* No javascript
* Minimalist design

though I have included the Apache 2-licensed Open Sans
from Google Fonts. If you like the page, I guess we could
build our own font instead of using the google repository.

Is this the right place to post this? Are you (the openbsd devs)
interested in this at all?

If yes, we would also need to make sure that the creator of
the nice openbsd logo included is happy with us using it for
the webpage. Apart from that, I would be happy to license
my work under BSD, MIT or whatever you want.

Cheers
Joakim

This gets raised on the mailing list at regular intervals - if you search the archives. I do not see how this is improving the life of the developers who are doing a fantastic job building a great operating system.

The OpenBSD website has always been function over fashion - and accuracy over bling.

The OpenBSD's prefered licence wording can be found at:

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share/misc/license.template?rev=HEAD

Contributions are prefered as diff's against OpenBSD's cvs.

hth

Fred

PS Your site is currently not an improvement on the current site according to:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=greatest-ape.github.io%2Fopenbsd-site%2Fpublic_html%2F&tab=desktop

and

http://wave.webaim.org/report#/http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/public_html/