On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:08:52 +0200
Joakim Frostegård <joakim.frosteg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everybody, thanks for the constructive feedback. As for the snarky
> neo-luddite remarks, they were entertaining too ;-) No, I'm not a
> product of new-age college professors wanting to demolish the
> Colosseum., though HTML5 and mobile support is nice.
>
> When it comes to searching the archives, I did have a look but not a
> very long one. Sorry about that.
>
> I changed the colors a bit. Now, the contrast between the links and
> the background is a lot better.

The colors look better now.

> The site works OK in Dillo  too, though the old site still looks
> better. Then, I don't think doing layout solely with tables belongs
> in 2016, and browsers should support floating elements.
>
> The site works fine in links, elinks and w3m too, except that the
> header is shown twice. I think it's more important to have good
> mobile support than perfect console browser support. Actually, bad
> mobile support is one of the biggest problems with the current site.

I personally like the suggested redesign overall. It still feels light
and minimalistic. Thank you for spending time on it and not being
afraid to hit misc@ for feedback :)

In general, what I feel is missing is a place to have the server rack
photo there (see lower left on current website) and a way to
integrate the current release theme (main site sports a 5.9 banner now).

Regards,
Adam