On 17 May 2016 at 00:11, Joakim Frostegård <joakim.frosteg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I’ve made a responsive new webpage replacement for the
> in my opinion somewhat aged openbsd.org <http://openbsd.org/>.
>
> It’s available at http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/public_html/
> <http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/public_html/>
> with the repo at https://github.com/greatest-ape/openbsd-site
> <https://github.com/greatest-ape/openbsd-site> .
>
> The idea is to replace index.html but for all other pages just
> replace the stylesheets. In so far, I’ve included a few other
> pages, including plat.html, goals.html and alpha.html.

I don't know a whole lot about web dev but I like it. It's still
responsive and uncluttered.

I find this page easier to read over the openbsd layout:
http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/openbsd/innovations.html
vs.
http://www.openbsd.org/innovations.html

I'd personally prefer is both of the pages below were organized with
anchors by year, speaker, event location, etc:
http://greatest-ape.github.io/openbsd-site/openbsd/papers/index.html
http://www.openbsd.org/papers/index.html

For instance, AsiaBSDCon is listed 12 times. Maybe it would be a
better layout to group by that event.
Henning Brauer has 28 entries. I'd prefer a nice, clean way to list
all his papers, not a need to comb through all entries on the page.

Anchors work well on the FAQ: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/

As I said, I'm no web dev--just a user of it for a long time.

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723