Den 2016-06-01 kl. 09:45, skrev Markus Rosjat:
Hi there,

just need some kind of acknowledgement for my workflow :)

a naive approach would be:

 - extend the virtual disk
- create a partition /var/postgresql (thats the folder under var right now)
 - move the files to the new partition
 - hope it works :-P

So hope someone with experience in such scenario can give me a hint or too

Thanks and regards

Hi,

Normally it works :-) (don't forget to make a pg_dump of all databases). I don't use extend, I just adds a new disk and mounts it temporary some where and copies the data and then mounts it on the right folder.

As an alternative you can mount the new file system wherever you like and point to in in the config file but I don't like that. Non standard places easy creates mistakes.

\\at