From: Андрей Болконский <andrey0bolkon...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tue Jun 14 15:41:56 CEST 2016
To: <misc@openbsd.org>
Subject: make optional servers insttall

Split baseXY tarbail to serversXY and baseXY, this step will be optinize
disk usage. why the need for httpd, ldpd and other optional services for
desktop use case?

I was curious, so I sat down to calculate how much disk space removing the servers will save you. A paltry 12-15 MB on AMD64. On my OpenBSD laptop, I have XFCE, SeaMonkey, and VLC installed and those already take up 4 GB. Quibbling over a few megs on a desktop seems pointless to me and will only lead to substantial pain down the line. At a certain point, your time has to be more valuable than the disk space you are saving.

-CA