bytevolc...@safe-mail.net [bytevolc...@safe-mail.net] wrote:

> In addition, the clips for the mSATA/mPCIe slots, given that the use of
> metallic screw points would improve grounding to the devices and would
> be a lot more robust and resilient against vibration; with screw posts,
> there is the option of using rubber washers too. And, screw posts would
> cost an order of magnitude less, considering the cost of assembly too.

The clips are really easy to use if you push them in and out with a
tool. They are plenty resilient in my opinion, unless you bend the
crap out of them...

I had problems with the heat sink material and I just use zalman paint-brush
heatsink paste on all units. If the heat sink material works properly,
then the zalman is actually slightly higher temperature. Some units
i've assembled with the heat sink material aren't stable, and the material
comes out baked/cracked. I'm not sure why, and I just use paste and
they work fine.

> I have not had the opportunity to test the GPIO support though; the
> watchdog timer is not supported by OpenBSD, so whatever you do, do not
> enable the watchdog timer yet.

I have code for the GPIO. It uses extended configuration mode to
peek/poke the GPIO registers on the nct5104d, which is not the
preferred method. It needs to be converted to use the direct access
through the GPIO register table (section 10.2 of the nct5104d datasheet)
and needs to be a separate item from the wbsio driver, similar to lm.
But the autoconf framework may need some adaptation here too. (These
items are according to kettenis@)

Chris