Hi Nick,

Am 20.07.2016 um 14:08 schrieb Nick Holland:
> On 07/20/16 05:17, Marco Prause wrote:
>> Hi @Misc,
>>
>> I am quite happy to test a 8 Port interface-Card in a 1U Appliance.
>>
>> Unfortunately at the moment I just see 4 of the 8 interfaces - did
>> anybody already have some experience with this NICs and this behavior ?
>> OpenBSD 5.8-stable (FLASHRD.MP) #17: Thu Jul 14 11:17:43 CEST 2016
>>     r...@obsd58build.my.domain:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/FLASHRD.MP
>
> You will probably get a lot more interest in your report if you try
> again with a -current GENERIC.MP kernel, rather than a year old
> frankenkernel.  The problem -- if there ever was one in GENERIC -- may
> well have been fixed in the last year of development.  And never
> underestimate the amount of damage you can do by customizing things.

Good point, thanks.

I was just always sitting on the second to last release/stable version -
just like good old wine, but you are right in those cases it's better to
have a look at the newest release or even current. Nobody wants to do
the work that's already done.

Concerning the generic kernel, I didn't change the kernel or better it's
configuration intentionaly. I was just using flashrd to generate a
bootable image. (note to me: "have a look inside flashrd, what it is
doing there")

So, I've just adjusted my build scripts and jenkins-job and hit the
build button a few minutes ago to build a 5.9 stable image (yes it's not
current, but I didn't see any changes in plus.html concerning em
interfaces or pci stuff, but this will be the next step.

Best regards,
Marco