On 08/24/16 07:15, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, I am an experienced OS installer and I did a
> heck of partitioning in my life.

claim.  And re-installing windows twenty times counts as one OS.
Installing Linux five times counts as another.

> Now I had some unused disk
> space and I found it a good idea to install OpenBSD.

pretty well disproves your claim.
Most people who have some multiple OS experience understand that your
first install should be to dedicated hw until you understand how things
work.

> The installers partitioning tool didn't offer me a variant
> that keeps my existing partitions.

Lie.
now, if you said, "I didn't see ...", then you might have our sympathy,
but your absolute and incorrect statement makes you a fool or a trouble
maker.

> Therefore I immediately
> stopped it. But yet it was too late. The partition table was
> overwritten.

Any implication that this is an inevitable outcome is false.

> The damage is not hard for me because I tersely do backups.
> But this behaviour is impudent. This blowfish is not a safe
> operating system, it rather is a poorly prepared fugu.

Bullshit.  Lots of people (including me) multi-boot OpenBSD.  Some of
them have problems, but they acknowledge their participation in the
problem and provide the details needed to get help rather than making
foolish and false claims.

Now, OpenBSD -- like most Operating Systems other than Linux -- does
make the assumption that it is the only OS that will be installed on the
computer (i.e., you got a job to do and this machine is going to do it).
 The assumption is completely overrideable, but if you blindly hit enter
and assume the installer will read your mind and do what you want, you
will be surprised.  Welcome to the non-Linux world.

Nick.