Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:32:12 +0200 Gilles Chehade <gil...@poolp.org>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 12:22:21PM +0300, li...@wrant.com wrote:
> > Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:59:46 -0300 "R0me0 ***" <knight....@gmail.com>
> > [...]
> > > Thank you everyone that gime directions really appreciated ( all those in
> > > pvt as well )
> > >
> > > Cheers guys !
> >
> > Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:07:17 +0800 Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org>
> > [...]
> > > Guys, www.kimsufi.com is the best combination of inexpensive and
> > > reliable, for dedicated servers.
> >
> > Hi R0me0,
> >
> > Indeed, recommending even more self managed affordable SSD servers:
> >
> > OVH: SoYouStart, FR (EUR)
> > [https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/]
> >
> > OVH: SoYouStart, CA (USD)
> > [https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/]
> >
> > NB: Not affiliate, years of OpenBSD in KVM on SSD servers reliably.
> >

> As a former customer, I would recommand against them.
>
> There are other alternatives with better hardware, services and policies
> within the same price ranges. online.net to name one, hetzner.de to name
> another one.
>
> I'm only commenting because your mail didn't mention competitors and I'd
> hate the idea that people went there by default, but I'm off this thread
> now ;-)

Hi Gilles,

My point was using X-as-a-service is a flawed model for tech users.
The fact is a lot more has to be improved everywhere industry wide.

Especially hardware quality, and management (IPMI2/KMVoIP included)
tools, done properly in isolated networks with SSH console & serial
and all other trouble can be evaded by rebuilds, backups, preorder.

Indeed, I only mentioned OVH as minimum acceptable and not go-to :)
but more like as one sample approach to handle self managed hosting
Not used these providers yet and am too considering also online.net

Thank you for the additions, I agree and have reviewed these offers
before too, and recommend any provider that gives better hardware..

And more flexibility to manage the actual hardware like in the lab.
The ones that dumb it down hide all of the complexity which breaks.

Kind regards,
Anton