Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:39:18 +0800 Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org>
> On 2016-08-25 17:22, li...@wrant.com wrote:
> > Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:59:46 -0300 "R0me0 ***" <knight....@gmail.com>
> > [...]
> >> Thank you everyone that gime directions really appreciated ( all those
> >> in
> >> pvt as well )
> >>
> >> Cheers guys !
> >
> > Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:07:17 +0800 Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org>
> > [...]
> >> Guys, www.kimsufi.com is the best combination of inexpensive and
> >> reliable, for dedicated servers.
> >
> > Hi R0me0,
> >
> > Indeed, recommending even more self managed affordable SSD servers:
> >
> > OVH: SoYouStart, FR (EUR)
> > [https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/]
> >
> > OVH: SoYouStart, CA (USD)
> > [https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/]
> >
> > NB: Not affiliate, years of OpenBSD in KVM on SSD servers reliably.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Anton
>
> The SoYouStart servers are expensive lol! -
>
> The catch with KimSufi (operated by the same company), except for that
> they are a lower performance segment of course, is that you *NOT* have
> KVM access.
>
> And there are ways to circumvent that.

Hi Tinker,

I can too confirm that the SYS servers are expensive for my budget yet
we all know about net booting rescue images, when provider gives this.

You're absolutely right that the KS servers are the poor man's choice!
However, the KS servers lack the virtualisation capable CPUs and IPs..

Please, allow me to explain I was not referring to a KVM switch device
used to manage the servers out of band, but KVM virtualisation method:

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch]
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel-based_Virtual_Machine]

You can use SYS servers with any Linux with KVM QEMU to run OpenBSD in
KVM (virtual machine) on virtio(4) support, just head for libvirt too:

libvirt - virtualisaion management library & tool kit
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libvirt]

virtio - VirtIO support driver
[http://man.openbsd.org/virtio]

Before you go into another disambiguation nit, let me also mention it:
serial + text mode console + graphical console, over SSH is mandatory,
if you want to reliably and functionally manage your virtual machines.

So, balance it out, I'd personally go direct bare metal on KS any day,
but, I primarily use (profit) from the virtualisation on SYS servers..
You can share with a buddy, or provide service for a group of friends.

The takeaway info is:  self-managing is not hard, gives you more value
for the costs & saves you from A LOT of trouble from complex overhead.

And I am patiently & eagerly hoping native OpenBSD virtualisation goes
production ready soon, for which I think we all know what is required.

vmm - virtual machine monitor
[http://man.openbsd.org/vmm]

vmd - virtual machine daemon
[http://man.openbsd.org/vmd]

vmctl - control the virtual machine daemon
[http://man.openbsd.org/vmctl]

vm.conf - virtual machine configuration
[http://man.openbsd.org/vm.conf]

OpenBSD Foundation Activities - Donate to the OpenBSD Foundation
[http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/activities.html]

Kind regards,
Anton