On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 05:54:05AM BST, Stephen Trotter wrote:
> hi,
> i was attempting a fresh install of 6.0 and got to the part where you pull
> the source tree and update the system to stable.
> i was stuck because the faq states you can (should) use a regular user with
> cvs, and i kept getting a permission error from cvs when attempting to run
> from /usr
> so, just wondering if anyone else was getting this, or if there is
> something that i missed.

Hi Stephen,

Your description is very vague and you're not giving any details of
which command you ran and what error messages you got.

I'm trying to mind-read here - after issuing the commands described
under "Avoiding root privileges", have you logged on as the user
whom you just added to the 'wsrc' group?

Regards,

Raf