On 2016-09-13, Harald Dunkel <harald.dun...@aixigo.de> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 09/13/2016 12:00 PM, Daniel Gillen wrote:
>>
>> I had a similar problem. In my case it had to do with Path MTU issues.
>>
>> This site f.ex.: http://test-ipv6.com/ will check for that.
>>
>> The solution for me was to switch to "jumbo" frames below the pppoe
>> device (1508 bytes if I remember correctly) and set the pppoe's MTU to 1500.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> I will surely try asap, but I wonder if this is allowed?
> RFC 2516 says "... the PPP MTU MUST NOT be greater than
> 1492". https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2516
>
> ???

RFC 4638 supercedes this. Some providers + some xDSL bridges support it,
some don't, you have to try it to find out. And you have to actively test
rather than just see if it connects; not all ISPs have paths between LNS
and LAC that can cope with baby jumbos - also sometimes it can fail if
there are changes to the ISP's internal network or their L2/L3 providers.