I've got offlist three e-mail messages from the people having the same
problem as myself. I am still stuck with it.

If that matters I am not young and I have various health issues. I am
unable to start installation on qemu mips, e.g.

$ qemu-system-mips -m 512 -serial pty -hda IMAGEFORMIPS.img -hdb
MINIROOT60.fs -boot d

starts qemu, and on serial

#cu -l cua /dev/ttyp6
Connected to /dev/ttyp6 (speed 9600)

What should I do from there? Please, let someone give me a clue.

Thanks in advance.