[moving to misc, as this thread is missing diffs]

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 09:38:49AM +0300, Mikhail wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> >>  > this does 2 things:
> >>  > [...]
> >>
> >> I may recall what I have sent to you in private email, excerpt from
> >> FreeBSD ping6 manpage:
> >> [...]
> >> When we have two binaries I have more trust when one of them is working
> >> *only* with IPv4 and another one *only* with IPv6.
> >>
> >> So, what user problems are you trying to solve with this merge?
> >>

> > Mikhail, with great regret I am informing you that the opinion of some
> > random gmail user does not actually matter around here.
>
> It's not about opinion, everyone has it. It's about understanding why
> a thing was done. If a person can't answer to the question "why" a
> thing was done, I suppose he don't fully understand a solution to a
> problem he is trying to solve.

Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say. I will strive to do
better in the future.

I was about to write down a report about this multi year endover of
first merging traceroute6(8) into traceroute(8) and then ping6(8) into
ping(8). How things got improved by the merges, bugs found and future
possibilities. But I will not get provoked into doing this. People who
are interested are free to read the code and the commit history, it's
all there.

So congratulations, you sir are responsible for a net negative
contribution.

In closing remarks let me point you to one of our guiding principles:
$ fgrep -A2 PROVIDED /usr/share/misc/license.template
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
 * WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
 * MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR

Now I'll hack on something fun. *mic drop*

--
I'm not entirely sure you are real.