Mon, 19 Sep 2016 11:53:45 -0600 "Theo de Raadt" <dera...@openbsd.org>

> > > sensors do not update instantly.  They are serviced in a loop by
> > > a thread.  but it happens soon enough.  use 'systat sens 1' to watch.
> > >

> > Hi misc@,
> >
> > Please advise, is the frequency of sensor updates the same for upd(4)
> > and is it possible it becomes the same as other sensors too?  Thanks.
>
> They are polled serially.  If one driver is slow, the entire loop slows
> down.
>
> Collection is not interrupt driven.

Hi misc@, Theo,

Thanks for the details.  Latest snapshot here, acpi and cpu sensors for
the laptop battery, temp etc are responsive and quick.  However the UPS
sensor upd is slow or does not get updated, without usb cable reinsert.

I'd be happy to assist in establishing if my case is an unique problem.
Can provide full dmesg and other details please advise what's required.

Kind regards,
Anton