On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 01:13:17PM -0500, trondd wrote:
> On Fri, November 25, 2016 12:36 pm, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> > Hello trondd,

> >> Worked here.  How exactly are you reading mail?
> >>

> > Have you tried running mail as root as I said in the subject?
> >
> > For example, copy some mbox file to /tmp, then su to root and open the
> > file:
> >
> > # mail -f /tmp/mbox
> >

> This makes a difference.  That's not a system mailbox.  'Keep' seems to
> only apply to a system mailbox and not to a "file".

I was running mailx as root for avoiding to login as other users each
time I wanted to check the content of spam.  And I couldn't reproduce
the issue as a normal user because in this case I was reading the user's
system mailbox (the one owned by the user) as you rightly noticed.

>  Though, it seems like it should.

I think it could be useful having the option.

I owe you two beers :-)