On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:51:34AM +0100, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> I mentioned this in other thread, now I'll ask this question directly.
>
> I was running my own mail server for a while but not enough to make a
> conclusion.  I'd appreciate the opinion of the experienced.
>
> I'm noticing messages with no spf or dkim records reach my gmail inbox.
> At the same time, messages with spf and dkim 'pass' state go to gmail
> spam (among them messages sent to me from people in this list).
>
> So, in general and based on your experience, do you think using dkim
> (that implies daemon, port redirections, etc.) is really worth?

Depends on your volume and who you intend to send to.

To be honest, setting up both SPF and DKIM takes a couple minutes and it
will probably avoid some delivery issues which will waste much more than
that to fix when they happen.

I can understand why someone would be reluctant to setup dmarc, but dkim
and spf are really a no brainer.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg