Hi Carste,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:49:14PM +0100, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> [...]
> Are you using EncFS on OpenBSD?  Which EncFS version?
> [...]

I just installed EncFS from ports, the version there is 1.7.4

With some short testing, it looks like it works nicely. Since the
kern.usermount option is gone, you'll have to mount the file system as
root, which means reading from and writing to the encrypted FS needs to
be done as root as well, since OpenBSD's fuse implementation doesn't yet
support the allow_* options to libfuse.

For reference, this is the commandline I used:

# encfs /home/gbe/test/enc /home/gbe/test/root

--
        Gregor