On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:47:56AM +0100, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> Julian Suschlik <julian.susch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What about an encrypted backup to the USB drive and restore on the other
> > host? Preserves links and permissions. Can do deduplication and updates.
> > Borgbackup does this. You can carry binaries of the software for Linux and
> > OpenBSD on the USB drive.
>
> Indeed an interesting tool.  Unfortunately I already have a special data sync
> tool (does not encrypt).  So I need a transparent encryption file system
> layer :)

What about git-annex to sync from any "client" via a remote storage?
It can do encryption and it does sync...
(syncthing does not save data to remote storage, it does sync only
alive clients.)

Although it is written in haskell and hs-xmpp is a problem if you would
need this part of git-annex working.

j.