Hi Misc,

I wonder if somebody could educate me on duplex printing with lpr
command from the base

predrag@oko$ uname -a
OpenBSD oko.bagdala2.net 6.0 GENERIC.MP#2 amd64

I use LPD spooling with the network printer Brother HL-L5250DN which is
duplex capable. More over I have no problem printing duplex with the
command

a2ps -Prp -1 -s2 filename.ps

Obviously a2ps is using the same LPD. However I read lpr man pages
several times over and it seems that lpr has no switch for duplex
printing.

What does actually happen with the document when I use switch -s2 in
a2ps?

Thanks
Predrag

P.S. This is my printcap file

# Remote printer must use jetdirect since foomatic-rip doesn't speak LPD
rp|HL-5250DN:\
        :lp=9100@192.168.3.15:\
        :if=/etc/foomatic-rip/script_brother.sh:\
        :sh:sd=/var/spool/output/brother:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

where

predrag@oko$ more /etc/foomatic-rip/script_brother.sh
#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/a2ps -BRq --columns=1 -o - | \
        /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip -P HL-5250DN --ppd
/etc/foomatic-rip/direct/brother-hl-5250dn-postscript-brother.ppd