>I wonder if somebody could educate me on duplex printing with lpr
>command from the base

> What does actually happen with the document when I use switch -s2 in
> a2ps?

> Thanks
> Predrag

lpr is very minimal. It could have a filter added
to send a file through a2ps on its way to the physical printer.
You could wrap a one or two line shell script
around lpr to do the same thing.

a2ps generates postscript for the text input
It adds a flag to print duplex in that postscript.
The printer interprets that and does what you asked.

You can send a postscript command string to set the
printer into duplex mode and another to reset it.
I don't remember it offhand. It's one or two lines
to set a value into devicedict or systemdict.
If you look at the a2ps sources it's in there.

Geoff Steckel