Hi there,

so my question is what is the best strategy to migrate an exsiting LDAP directory from a system that has sendmail and courier running to a system with openSMTP and Dovecot.

Old system:

- Has systemaccount that match LDAP account
- system accounts to handle access to the filesystem
- LDAP account to auth with courier/sendmail

New Sytem should:

 - use old system accounts
 - use old LDAP dir to auth with OpenSMTP/Dovecot

Additional Questions:

 - is it possible to migrate old maildirs to use with dovecot

I dont want to set up just one virtual user to handle dovecot delivery since I already have the LDAP users. I tested to set permissions on directories and files for a LDAP user that has no systemaccount counterpart and it seems to work but it doesn't feel right to do so in a production environement :)

If someone could give some advice or point in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT