if someone whats to share more insights plz do so ;)

regards

Markus

Am 28.01.2017 um 15:05 schrieb Craig Skinner:
Hi Markus,

On 2017-01-27 Fri 12:24 PM |, Markus Rosjat wrote:
I dont like the idea of one single virtual user handling all the traffic to
the maildirectories.

Me neither.

Here, all users have proper shell accounts & SSH access, for mutt, etc.

Stop Dovecot, unmount /var/mail (where mail stays), dump(1). No SQL "spool".

There is no LDAP nor SQL, it is all simple stuff;-

*) The MTA delivers via LMTP to Dovecot - which sieves mail.
   (Thunderbird & other mail clients have a sieve plugin.)

*) Users IMAP/POP/SMTP auth via an individual passwd file,
   which they change via a script (which calls pwqcheck(1) in ports).
   /etc/passwd is _NOT_ used for mail authentication.
   (MTA SMTP submission port auth relaying is validated by Dovecot too.)

No webmail; everybody is expected to have their own IMAP/POP/SSH device.

<postmaster@box:~ 0>$ doveconf -n
# 2.2.24 (a82c823): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.14 (099a97c)
# OS: OpenBSD 6.0 i386  ffs
auth_mechanisms = cram-md5 apop
auth_username_format = %Ln
first_valid_uid = 1000
listen = *
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mime foreverypart extracttext
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
mmap_disable = yes
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Archive {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Archive
  }
  mailbox Drafts {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Templates {
    auto = subscribe
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
  separator = /
  type = private
}
passdb {
  args = /var/dovecot/auth.d/%u/passwd.CRAM-MD5
  driver = passwd-file
}
passdb {
  args = /var/dovecot/auth.d/%u/passwd.CLEAR
  driver = passwd-file
  skip = authenticated
}
plugin {
  sieve = file:/var/mail/%u/sieve/;active=active.sieve
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
service auth {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth {
    group = _postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = _postfix
  }
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = _postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = _postfix
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
ssl = no
userdb {
  args = blocking=no
  driver = passwd
  result_failure = return-fail
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " sieve"
  postmaster_address = postmaster
}

In the future I hope to be able to deploy OpenSMTPd,
when the filtering & other work has stabilised.

Cheers,

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT