Hi there,

like the topic says I look for some feedback here. I try to set up a Gen 2 Hyper-V VM (Gen 1 is really not a problem) so I need to boot with a UEFI Medium. Since the normal iso doesnt provide that I took the following approch:

 1. I created a USB stick from installXX.fs
 2. verified that I could boot from the stick
 3. created a VHDX from the stick
 4. Attached it to a Gen 2 VM
 5. booted the VM and here Im stuck for now
    It starts to bood but instead of showing me all the nice dmesg
    stuff I would expect  it just went black.

but the rest of the way would look like this

 6. Install OpenBSD on another VHDX
 7. dettach the first VHDX

So the question really is, do I miss a step or is it just not possible at the moment to get it working with Gen 2 VMs? The secure boot feature of the VM is disabled.

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT