hi,

comments below

Am 19.04.2017 um 23:23 schrieb Remi Locherer:

here is the ipsec.conf on the openbsd machine

ike from {10.10.10.0/24} to 10.10.15.0/24 \

You need to add "peer AA.BB.CC.DD" here.

why, it's a passive setup the active site can have the peer part or did this change lately ?

If you control both ends of the VPN I recommend you choose stronger
cyphers. Check the defaults of OpenBSD or the recommendation of ENISA:
https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/algorithms-key-size-and-parameters-report-2014

I start with a simple setup using a stronger cypher will be the next step after I confirmed my setup works

How do you start isakmpd? This should configure your system to start
isakmpd and load the ipsec rules during boot:

# rcctl enable isakmpd
# rcctl set isakmpd flags -vK
# rcctl enable ipsec

I just us the -K flag

and here is the pf.conf

Add the log keyword to your pf rules. Without that it's hard to debug.
Also check man ipsec.conf for a full example.

if there is no traffic it seems kinda useless trying to log it at that point. I tried tailing the daemon log but it wasn't to helpful either.

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT