On 2017-06-22, Jiri B <ji...@devio.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 11:47:03AM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda Khri wrote:
>>
>> I have unbound(8) and dhcpd(8) running on a router (OpenBSD 6.1-stable).
>> dhcpd currently hands out fixed addresses to my clients, but I'd like
>> these to be allocated dynamically from the common pool, while at the
>> same time being resolvable.
>>
>> Is there an existing solution for feeding the IP-addresses of the leases
>> that dhcpd hands out into the unbound configuration and reload it, or
>> would I have to write a script that parses the lease declarations in
>> /var/db/dhcpd.leases?
>
> OpenBSD dhcpd cannot do this by itself but ISC dhcpd from ports can
> execute whatever on commiting a lease, see
>
> http://jpmens.net/2011/07/06/execute-a-script-when-isc-dhcp-hands-out-a-new-lease/
>
> Though you could parse logs of OpenBSD dhcpd log, maybe good opportunity to
> play with various logs "parsers".

Yes that would be possible by parsing logs (should be simpler than
parsing leases). Probably better not to reload unbound, you'll lose
cache - to avoid that you can use unbound-control's "local_data" and
"local_data_remove" commands, or you can write to a local zone file
served by NSD and point unbound at that.