I definitely don't want to be one of those entitled people demanding work
from developers without providing anything that you trounce upon ;). But
that's a bit of a big ask, make it work on all machines? I've got four
different models of supermicro servers that I certainly can do testing on,
although as I said, on these particular servers as far as I can tell (other
than the watchdog) the driver seems to work fine.

> Let me explain how we work.

I understand; really, I'm not asking you guys to invest a significant amount
of effort in improving the driver, or even technically "fixing" any new
issues or problems with it. I was only kindly requesting that you put back a
line that appears to have accidentally been deleted a few revisions ago that
broke it. So unless you're intentionally sabotaging it in preparation for
the ritual sacrifice :)?

It's too bad nobody else finds value in it; it provides sensors that aren't
otherwise available, provides access to the system event log for event data,
allows access to the management interface without needing to go through the
network, and ideally would allow access to the hardware watchdog.
Unfortunately I don't have expertise in low level hardware device driver
development so while I could be a tester I can't be a primary maintainer. So
if you guys end up scrapping it, I will be sad but that's the way it is. But
until then, given it works for me, it doesn't hurt to use it :). Or to ask
for one line to be put back so it would work in the shipped kernel; unless I
suppose said request results in it getting scrapped ;).

Thanks.