On 1 July 2017 at 12:06, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
<i...@juanfra.info> wrote:

> The USB disks and ext2 are both quite slow on OpenBSD. Try with FFS but
> you're not going to see better numbers.
>
> On Linux, the kernel uses UAS for your USB disks. We only supports
> bulk-only.

If you are implying that if I had only waited a week or a month for
this to complete on OpenBSD yesterday, I think you are incorrect. This
was hung, not slow.

As for your suggestion to try FFS, that's a non-starter. I have Linux
systems and will do the rsyncs from primary to secondary with them. I
did this with OpenBSD yesterday because, in general, I much prefer the
system to Linux. But I realize it's not perfect -- no system is -- and
it appears that I found an imperfection. Using Linux for this is a
reasonable workaround, though if anyone has an interest in trying to
debug the OpenBSD problem, I will help.