Hello,

I have had this issue in proxmox in 5.0 in all releases
(the beta 1, beta2 and the july 4th release of PRoxmox 5 and the
update in August on intel systems with CPUS newer than the X5460)
Curiously it worked fine as far as I could tell on AMD systems
(Opteron Gen 2/ gen 3 systems)

I have posted in Bugs,
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=150097397016837&w=2

To be fair to OpenBSD it wasnt a bug in 6.1 (as proxmox 5.0 was not
 released when 6.1 was released,
however Current 6.1+  didnt work either I had opened a Ticket with
Proxmox  and worked on it for about a month
and they couldn't repeat it  which is weird
cause it was just too easy for me to crash openbsd on Proxmox 5.0.
Other operating systems running on Proxmos 5.0 seem to be unaffected

so this issue will only become a bug when OpenBSD 6.2 is released :)

OpenBSD 6.1 & 6.0 work fine in proxmox PVE 4.4 on the same hardware

I hope this helps

Tom Smyth