On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:28 AM, Eric Furman <ericfur...@fastmail.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017, at 04:29 PM, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
>> I think it's worth to be supported. The RAID mode of storage
>> controller seems to be a default BIOS configuration in all modern
>> desktop computers. I think most desktop users don't configure any real
>> RAID and continue to use their disks as separate devices. If at least
>> this RAID configuration is supported it would be a great progress.
>
> I disagree, but that's just my opinion.
> And just because something is "a default BIOS configuration in all
> modern desktop computers" doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Most desktop users don't change BIOS settings. They just try a
software and if it doesn't work they usually throw it away and
consider that software as bad or broken. In case of dual-boot they
also depend on the previously installed OS. In case of already
installed Windows changing the storage controller mode in BIOS from
RAID to AHCI leads to BSoD. After all not supporting a common BIOS
configuration leads to loss of users.

What is not good in RAID mode without actual RAID array, except the
fact OpenBSD doesn't run on it?